| 0 comments ]

I have been racking my brains for the past month trying to come up with the permanent name (and address) for my blog. I've been wanting to name it so it sounds like a bar, since a bar/lounge has been the metaphor I've been building the entire site around (The Media Bar, The Info Lounge, Audio Espresso, Quick Shots, Sidewalk Sale, Bar Snacks), but I haven't been able to come up with anything that I love.

So, I turned to the internet for some inspiration. I mean where else is there, right? I decided to utilize the collective creativity of a billion voices. I wanted to harness the synergistic tension that comes from so many interconnected minds. I needed to rely upon the technological revolution that is reshaping not just the sharing of information but information itself.

I came across a site with members who recommended bar names. Here are their recommendations:

my friend and i have long dreamed of owning a bar called Hammer Time. any time we hated our jobs and our lives, we'd just sit on the couch in our apt and drink beer and talk about what we'd have at hammer time.

i've always thought that "spuyten duyvil" sounds cool. i was just googling it to check the spelling, and found that it's owned by the same people that own "fette sau" -- also another cool name (restaurant though, not bar).

There is a place in the midwest somewhere, not quite sure where; has the name "The Stumble In". I for one, think that is an amazing name.

My bar is going to be "The G Spot."

Male Strip Club: The Package Room

How about "The Flatulent Bear?" It has more syllables and sounds more interesting than "The Drunken Bear." It would have this hand-carved wooden sign that looked like a bear leaning over and turned to me and asked what I wanted saying "Pull My Paw!"
If I had a friend who wondered wistfully what we'd drink at "Hammer Time," I'd lean over and punch him in the fucking face. And then I'd drag him him out of my apartment by his hair while saying, "That's what you're having at Hammer Time!"

Help me. Somebody. Please

0 comments

Post a Comment