| 0 comments ]



The winner and my take on last night's episode after the jump!


Leanne wins Project Runway! I'm so excited! And I'm using so many exclamation points because when Leanne was announced the winner I'm nearly certain Michael Kors (!) and Nina Garcia (!) yawned and waved to Leanne (!) and murmured, "Congrats, Leanne, you really deserved it. See you around. Or something." That was their celebration. That's it. Leanne deserves more enthusiasm than that!

I mean, last season Heidi gave Christian a piggyback ride. On the Project Runway runway. Last night, Heidi skeptically touched Leanne's unwashed hair and kissed her on just one cheek! I'm sure Leanne did celebrate (I think!) in her own awkward way, and she really did deserve the win. (Entertainment Weekly has a great look back at PR's top all-time designers and their best looks.)

I feel bad for Korto, but, like Uli from a few seasons ago, her clothes were just a little bit more about wearability than they were about fashion. Leanne does things with clothes that help to create the idea of Fashion. And that's why she won.

Poor Kenley. I don't think she lost because she ripped off other designers. I think she lost because she ripped off other designers the entire season! I mean, Christian took a hit after last season's seasons finale because a few of his dresses were a little too inspired by other designers. But that was the only time the judges called him out on that, and he still won. Kenley even said, "The judges have called me out on that four times this season! I'm insulted!" Well, then, stop copying other designers.

Kenley reminds me of the girl who uses a dictionary to cheat on a spelling test and then gets mad when the teacher points out that she cheated by using a dictionary. Spell on your own, Kenley! Once she admits that there are people who know more than she does, she'll be fine.

In any event, congratulations Leanne!


0 comments

Post a Comment