| 0 comments ]


It may or may not be the end of Project Runway on Bravo -- Could you imagine watching it on Lifetime? Not me. But tonight is the end of Season 5 of Project Runway. The talent pool was a little shallower than it was in Season 4. (Tim Gunn recently said that Christian Siriano was one of the true fashion rarities), but I think Leanne, in her own hyper-focused way, comes closer to approaching Siriano's talent level than any other designer across all of the seasons. Leanne's cerebral designs manifest natural forms enveloping an artificial scaffolding. She is 180 degrees from Siriano, but, if she were to continue along the circle and move to 270 degrees or more, it's easy to imagine her work taking on the scale and theatrics of Siriano's work.

I also loved Korto. That jacket she made out of seat belts? That might be one of my favorite looks ever on Project Runway. (Speaking of, I've been watching The Rachel Zoe show, and I almost love it. More on her later.)

The boys over at Project Rungay, in their seasonal breakdown of all of the Final Three's looks, give a dead-on review of Leanne's, Korto's, and Kenley's entire output.

Oh, and here is an audio clip of Leanne talking about her time on Project Runway and her big move to NYC.



My pick to win? Leanne.

0 comments

Post a Comment